.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Creative Process

This blog will follow the process of my current project: a series of three 5' x 9' figure paintings called "The Feast of Venus". I'll be posting the preliminary drawings and oil sketches as I complete them, and possibly add some commentary along the way. I have just begun this project and am working on the first painting in the series which has the working title "Stirring the Pot". All images on this blog are copyrighted and cannot be reproduced without permission.

Friday, October 07, 2005



I think I'm pretty much finished with this study for now. There are still things I could do to it: I need to tone down the thalo green with some red washes and I'm not quite happy with the woman on the right. In the previous state she had a little hitch in her left hip that I loved as it gave the whole figure a subtle sexy swing. I lost it when I tried to develop the figure more. Arrgh. Thank God for this blog: at least I have a record of it and with any luck I can get it back in the next study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>