.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Creative Process

This blog will follow the process of my current project: a series of three 5' x 9' figure paintings called "The Feast of Venus". I'll be posting the preliminary drawings and oil sketches as I complete them, and possibly add some commentary along the way. I have just begun this project and am working on the first painting in the series which has the working title "Stirring the Pot". All images on this blog are copyrighted and cannot be reproduced without permission.

Thursday, October 06, 2005


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have often wondered why I lack the ability to draw or paint. I am very observant, but I can't make my hands transfer what I see to paper. I admire people who can paint and draw.

When I was a kid, I did some freehand drawing and water colors. It has been a long time since I gave up trying for lack of talent.

Why is it that two people can look at the same thing, yet one can draw a good facsimile of it while the other cannot?

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you absolutely nailed the third woman's face - the proportion and expression. It's superb. Great job!

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>