.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Creative Process

This blog will follow the process of my current project: a series of three 5' x 9' figure paintings called "The Feast of Venus". I'll be posting the preliminary drawings and oil sketches as I complete them, and possibly add some commentary along the way. I have just begun this project and am working on the first painting in the series which has the working title "Stirring the Pot". All images on this blog are copyrighted and cannot be reproduced without permission.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

This is the oil study for the composition. I wish I had started this blog 3 months ago when I started this study and recorded all of its stages. It began with just colorful abstract washes, then I put in the the soup ladies. I keep adding to it as I work out various sections of the composition through drawings and oil studies.

My friend Gabrielle posed for this study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>